Safely use the SprinklerVac Vacuum Attachment by performing the following:
Inspect your sprinkler heads for any damage or excessive corrosion. If damaged, notify the appropriate agency to repair or replace the sprinkler head. Do not clean the sprinkler head.
If no damage, notify your maintenance or utilities department that you will be cleaning the sprinkler heads in a touchless manner by vacuuming them. They may shut off the water or will be ready to shut off the water in case there was damage you were not aware of or you did not use the SprinklerVac properly. Remember, always follow what the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) directs you to do.
1. Attach the SprinklerVac to your vacuum hose.
2. Ensure it is securely fastened in place.
3. Assess the size of your sprinkler heads to ensure the SprinklerVac will clean them "touchlessly." If it will touch them, hold the SprinklerVac attachment far enough below the sprinkler head that it will not touch their surface.
4. Turn the vacuum power on.
5. Safely place the SprinklerVac near or over the sprinkler head.
6. Look through the clear plastic to monitor your placement while cleaning to ensure you do not touch the sprinkler head.
7. Watch the dust, etc. whirl off of your sprinkler head.
8. Safely remove the SprinklerVac away from the sprinkler head by looking through its clear plastic, slowly "tipping" the attachment to one side to release suction and carefully lowering it away from the head.
9. If the SprinklerVac requires cleaning, rinse it off with warm water. Do not use a scouring pad or abrasive cleaner. Dry it off with a soft cloth. This will ensure your SprinklerVac maintains its clear appearance for better visibility during use.
10. If the SprinklerVac loses it clarity, recycle it and purchase a new one!
Note: "Touchlessly" is in quotations as it is not a real word but the SprinklerVac touchless capability is a reality. "Touchlessly" means in a touchless manner.